PETsys TOFPET2 ASIC
PETsys Time-of-Flight PET ASIC
- Designed in standard CMOS 110 nm technology.
- Signal amplification and discrimination for each of 64 independent channels.
- Dual branch analogue interpolation TDCs for each channel. The first branch is used for timing measurement. The second branch can either be used for time-over-threshold (ToT) or charge measurement (ADC).
- Quad-bufered charge integration for each TDC or ADC in each channel
- Dynamic range: 1500 pC.
- SNR 25 dB for Qin=200 fC (about one p. e.) and input capacitance of 320 pF.
- TDC time binning: 30 ps.
- Gain adjustment per channel: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8.
- Supports positive or negative input signal polarity
- On-chip calibration pulse generator with 6-bit programmable amplitude.
- Max channel hit rate: 480 kHz.
- Rejects dark counts without triggering, allowing to handle over 1 MHz of dark counts.
- Separately configurable thresholds for each channel.
- Configurable charge integration time up to one microsecond.
- Fully digital output, 4 LVDS data links double data rate (DDR) compatible.
- Max output data rate: 2.6 Gb/s.
- Clock frequency: 200 MHz.
- Power consumption per channel: 5-8 mW, depending on certain settings.