PETsys TOF FEB / A 0808
PETsys Time-of-Flight Front End Board / A 0808
|Figure 2: FEB-A 0808 chip on board assembly.|
The PETsys TOF Front End Board type A (FEB/A 0808) is a low power, low noise SiPM readout board for Time Of Flight applications (Fig. 1). The board is optimized for being used together with an array of LYSO scintillating crystals as a building block for high resolution PET scanners using the Time Of Flight information.The FEB/A 0808 is based on ASIC1. A new version based on ASIC2 will be available soon.
The board integrates two TOF ASICs (Fig. 2) allowing the reading of two Hamamatsu S12642-0808PB-50 MPPC 8x8 pixel arrays. The board will also read analog SiPMs from most other vendors when using a dedicated small adaptor to the connectors provided on the board.
The PETsys TOF FEB/A, PETsys TOF FEB/D and PETsys TOF DAQ boards together form a complete data acquisition system scalable to several ten thousand channels. The FEB/A board can also be operated with the Power Adapter Board of the PETsys Evaluation Kit.
|Figure 1: FEB/A 0808 board|
- Signal conditioning and discrimination circuitry and two high-performance TDCs
- TDCs for each of 128 independent channels.
- TDC time binning: 50 ps (option 25 ps)
- Intrinsic time resolution 25 ps r.m.s.
- Charge measurement with time-over-threshold
- Dynamic range: 300 pC
- SNR (Qin = 100 fC): 25 dB
- Coarse gain adjustment per channel: 1, 1/2, 1/4
- SiPM family supported: positive or negative signal polarity
- SNR and intrinsic time resolution as above stated are for capacitance of 320 pF
- On-chip Calibration Circuitry: internal pulse generator, programmable 6-bit amplitude
- Max Channel Hit rate: 160 kHz
- Max Output Data Rate: 640 Mb/s per ASIC
- Fully digital output, 2 data LVDS links DDR compatible
- Operation frequency 80-160 MHz
- Power per Channel: 8-11 mW
- SiPM HV fine biasing: range 500 mV
- Compatible with FEB/D board