PETsys TOF DAQ Board
PETsys Time-of-Flight Data Acquisition Board
|Figure 1: Picture of the DAQ board.|
The PETsys TOF DAQ board (Fig. 1) is a PCIe based data acquisition board that collects data from front-end FEB/D boards. Each FEB/D board collects data from sixteen TOF ASICs in eight FEB/A boards (1024 channels). Up to twelve master FEB/D boards can be connected to the DAQ board using HDMI cables, or using optical fibers. A master FEB/D can be daisy-chained with several slave FEB/D boards.
Therefore the DAQ board and the FEB/D boards together form a complete and calable data aquisition system that can handle tens of thousants of SiPM channels.
- Single PCIe board providing data acquisition of TOF PET ASICs
- Compatible with FEB/D boards
- Data readout of twelve master FEB/D boards and associated daisy-chained slaves
- Max total input event rate: 12x72 M events/s
- Coincidence trigger implemented in the FPGA
- Data output rate to computer 250 M events/s
- Operation frequency 80-160 MHz
- Readout of frontend temperature sensor
- Readout of TOF ASIC dark counters
- Equipped with Kintex7 FPGA